Friday, August 2, 2013

August 2, 2013

The District:  Elders Roberts, Whiting, Epperson, Avarett, Thayn and Drury.  Sisters Craven, Brudnicki, Gunter, Wilde and Christensen.

Decorating the new elders' room

Elders Drury and Roberts at the Provo, UT Temple.

Elders Roberts and Epperson...learning Spanish?

Hello everyone! Not much is changing around here. I'm starting to get into the groove of things, which is nice and makes our three hour spanish classes twice a day go a little faster. I'm doing well though and having fun and learning a lot! My visa has not arrived and I'm hearing a lot of things about Argentina having a tough time getting visas quickly so I may be reassigned temporarily somewhere in the United States to teach for about six weeks after my six-week training. So I'll just have to see. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well! A typical day for me here is waking up at 6:30, showering, getting ready, going to breakfast and then usually having some time study Spanish/scriptures/whatever else we need. There's a really cool languge program on the computer that we use called TALL that we have for an hour a day; it really helps with the Spanish grammar. We have an hour of gym time where we play volleyball or soccer or basketball and then there are  two three-hour classes where we learn how to effectively teach people and learn Spanish.  And lunch and dinner of course. And the food is always good. I don't think I've been disappointed at all with any of the meals. Anyway, my Spanish is coming along kind of. My companion and I are teaching 20-30 minute lessons to pretend people that are investigating our church...all in Spanish, which is really cool. So hopefully in 4 more weeks I'll be ready to go! Anyway, hope you're all doing well and having a great summer! 
Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment