Sunday, July 28, 2013

July 28, 2013


Hello, Everyone!
     I'm still doing well, and the Missionary Training Center is treating me well. The food is good and my Spanish is coming along slowly but surely. My companion and I have taught three lessons to pretend investigators of the church in Spanish, so we're coming along. Everyone is really nice here and I wish I could tell you a bunch of exciting stories, but we're mainly studying and just hanging out or eating while we're not studying so there isn't really much to say. Hopefully I'll have some cooler stories when I actually get to Argentina (assuming my visa comes in on time). But it's been really cool here, and I've learned a lot and met a lot of cool people. My companion and I barely have anything in common, but we get along and he's nice so it's all good. The rest of my roomates are awesome as well and everyone in our district and zone (who are people that we have class with and go to church with and eat with) are super nice and funny. So it's been a good experience.

     We've been learning a lot about not just teaching people lessons but actually teaching people. For anyone who doesn't know, there are five main lessons of valuable information that we teach people about our church; for those who want to know about it but rather than just going through and teaching those lessons word for word and straight through we try to get to know the person we're teaching and teach to their needs and tell them about how our message and about how God can help them with practically anything. So we get to know them, learn about some of the challenges they go through and teach them based on what they need to hear. So it's not just teaching about our religion the whole time and saying, "We want to convert you, come be baptized!!!!" but rather how prayer and going to church and other common spiritual things can help them in their everyday lives. Because those things can help. So that's just a small portion of what we do and what we've been trying to perfect; it's that sort of teaching style.

     But I hope everyone who is reading this is doing well! I hope to hear from you! My address should be in an earlier blog post, and the rules have actually changed so that I am allowed to email my friends and family. So if your not a letter writer and you would like to communicate with me, I would love to hear from you and I love getting mail! So you can actually email me at broberts@myldsmail.net and I'll be able to respond every Friday.
 Gracias! Hasta Luego!
-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment