Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 21: Posadas







(From a letter to Elder Roberts' parents)
The family we baptized changed a lot as well; I wasn't really there for a lot of it, but they apparently changed a lot. 

And ahh 1 dollar burrito night at Cafe Rio sounds like I'm missing out. I'll have to go every day when i come back to make up for it. And the food here is actually pretty good. And we still eat at 1230, we have to, and we usually eat like civilized people in the house at a set table with the whole family which is really nice. I don't think I've had anything here that I really didn't like. 

And there's members that work for the police, work for construction, teach at schools, just the regular stuff.  I don't think there is anything out of the ordinary. And there are people that speak Guarani, but pretty much everyone speaks Spanish. There are a lot of Paraguayos because my area touches the border, the river. 

We are reactivating, well I hope, a Paraguayan lady and her daughter who may or may not get baptized. And my comp's family is very active. His dad has been the branch president for a longggg time and his brother is going to serve a mission in 1 or 2 years. They live in Yucatan, the southern part, and his dad speaks Maya and stuff so its pretty cool. But they are moving really close to Texas when he finishes his mission in June. But yeah I mean it's pretty safe here for the most part except for the part that all of investigators live in. The area is divided into little secciones called chakras which are like little neighborhoods but really divided well kinda like in Utah where everything is a square and the roads run parallel.  We are working a lot in the poorest one with the humblest people but also some dangerous people. So we usually try to leave by 700 or 730 to avoid getting attacked haha but its pretty safe for the most part. But yeah everything is going well, just trying to keep on working and helping the zone out with lots of stuff. like randomly getting called from the elders that live two blocks away that their kitchen is on fire and sprinting over there super fast and helping the put it out. So just fun stuff like that. But all is well haha. Have a good week!!! Tell Grandmom and Grandad I said hello!!! 
Love you,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment