Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Week 19: Posadas, Argentina

HOlaaaaaaaaaaa everyone!!!

I'll just make this quick, but I'm in Argentina! It's really cool. I like it a lot. The area I'm in is pretty nice and we have air conditioning where we sleep. so I can't complain. But it really has been cool, got to spend New Year's with some of the members and eat some good food and meet some new people. It's been fun. My new companion is Elder Ake who is super awesome and funny and we get along really well. Anyways I hope everyone had a fantastic New Year's and that all is well! Talk to ya next week!!
Elder Roberts

From a letter to Elder Roberts' parents:
Hola!! So this past week has been pretty crazy, fun, tiring, crazy and interesting. I left Ciudad del Este at 11:30 to go to the terminal, and left at 1:30 to go to Encarnacion. I stood up the whole night on the bus because there weren't any seats and got there at like 7:00 a.m. I got to sleep for the 30 minutes curled up in a little ball on the floor on the bus, so that was a fun experience. I got to Encarnacion early and waited there for a longgg time to get to go cross the border to go to Posadas, but I got to see a lot of people from the mission and I'm starting to make a lot more friends from other places in the mission now that I'm seeing them more so it was pretty cool. Then I crossed the border and went to the terminal at Posadas to meet my companion, and then we went back to the apartment dropped my stuff off and left to go work haha. My comapnion is Elder Ake, from southern Mexico, Yucatan, and he's super cool, super funny, super crazy, super animated and super awesome haha. We get along really well and he works like a monkey. so basically I almost died from being tired this week, but it was good. Working hard is good. I was just super tired from the bus ride and then ate a tonnnn of food for New Years and didn't feel so hot, and then one day after we ran to a bunch of lessons my neck started to stiffen up and the next day I woke up and couldn't move it. I was kinda paralyzed for like 2 days but I'm feeling a lot better now. Posadas is super awesome also. I really like it here in the Tacuari ward. the people are super nice. I actually kinda feel like I'm in the States. My apartment is pretty nice, we have air conditioning and a shower curtain... no microwave or stove... but everything else is good.  The office of the mission is like 15 min away so get to see the president and the hermana and the asistentes to the president a lot and talk to them. 

But I like it a lot here; there is a super market in front of our house, well kinda, that is like a branch off of Walmart, it has great value stuff haha so I'm excited to go there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment